Surviving High School - 10 things I wish I knew during high school:
1. Everyone is to focused on making a name for themselves to notice the little things you don’t like about yourself.
2. When you hit your finally year and college starts creeping up on you, all the slacking you did in grade 9 or 10 will come back to you. Focus on getting good grades from the start, it’ll make it less stressful in the end.
3. Extracurricular activities will not only help with colleges, but it gives you something to look forward to through out the day and you can actually make a lot of good friends.
4. Bring a lunch. Eat. People will not judge you for eating a lunch.
5. Crushes will come and go. Don’t let anyone break you, because if they’re worth it they wouldn’t have made you hurt in the first place.
6. Being nice to a teacher doesn’t make you a teachers pet. It just means you’re a good person.
7. Start figuring out what you want to do with your life after school as soon as possible. You don’t want to be at a blank when you start filling out school applications.
8. Figure out who you are, what your cause it. What you like and what you’re passionate about. It’ll give you something to live for. Don’t be afraid.
9. A check in with the school guidance counsellor or therapist never hurts. They’re there to help, and you can get organized and take on things with a clear mind.
10. NEVER be afraid to stick up for yourself or anyone else. Unless that person is much bigger than you. With that I suggest getting someone of higher authority(that they can’t punch out). Being a snitch is better than being broken and afraid of going to school because you or a friend is being picked on.”